Cambridge Product Liability Lawyers
One of the areas of personal injury law that BLFC Injury Law Firm focuses in is product liability claims and lawsuits. According to legal dictionaries, product liability is defined as “the legal liability a manufacturer or trader incurs for producing or selling a faulty product.” In Canada, product liability law is derived in part from Common Law and government legislation. If you sustain injuries or suffer damages from using a product, you may seek compensation by filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Types of Product Liability Claims
Although the term “product liability” refers to a broad range of defective products, our personal injury lawyer in Cambridge team is familiar with the following three categories of product liability claims:
- Defectively designed products – refers to a product design that is inherently harmful or dangerous and causes injury to the person using it.
- Defectively manufactured products – refers to a product that has been flawed by an error in its manufacture and ultimately causes harm to the person using it.
- Failure to provide sufficient instructions or warnings – refers to a product that is dangerous although this is not obvious to the person using it.
Product liability cases can be extremely complex and oftentimes require the help of engineers and other professionals to review them and determine if the product in question is defective. Consequently, determining responsibility for the defect and a person’s injuries can be difficult. BLFC Injury Law Firm can provide the experience and knowledge needed to assist you in your product liability case.
Product liability law clearly states that designers, distributors, manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, and anyone else involved in the chain of supply have a responsibility to ensure the safety of the person using the product. No matter what type of product it is, if a defect exists, there is a potential for harm to the user. If you feel you have a product liability claim against any of the parties listed above, an injury lawyer in Cambridge can help you get the compensation you’re entitled to. We work with you at every step to ensure that you get the desired compensation that covers your costs of treatment and rehabilitation.
In order to prove liability in a defective product claim, the following elements must exist in order for BLFC Injury Law Firm to win your case:
- The product was defective or flawed
- You followed the directions for the product’s intended use
- You were injured by the product or suffered some type of loss
- Your injuries resulted from using the product
Ensuring that your product liability claim contains these elements requires the skilled legal representation of an experienced personal injury lawyer in Cambridge team. This also ensures that your rights will be protected throughout the legal process. For more information or to schedule a FREE consultation, contact BLFC Injury Law Firm at your earliest convenience.